Friday, October 31, 2014

It started with Russ, it's ending with Russ

I hope this isn't an omen of things to come by me stating the above headline in case Russell Martin leaves for free agency, but I thought it would be a good idea to bookend my Save Second Base by spotlighting the catcher who threw out a lot of potentials stealers of second base over the last two years.  It's almost inevitable that Russ will leave for another team via free agency, most likely the Dodgers.
2014 Topps Pink Parallel 9/50

During his very brief time in Pittsburgh, I legit had a man crush on him and his giant beard.  Now I know why Greg at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle collects him so much.  He's an easy guy to root for and a heck of a baseball player.

Last year, the Martin 2013 Topps Chrome featured him tagging out a player at the plate and I have been rainbow collecting it since.  I'm thinking about rainbowing this one too.  It's just a great looking play at the plate.

Since today is Halloween, I thought it be good to show off some boob worthy Halloween costumes.

3 comments:

  1. I think we will give him a good offer, but someone will come in and give him a crazy deal. Too many big market teams need a catcher so I wouldn't be surprised if a teams goes 5 years. The Pirates won't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card for a great cause! That Google costume is pretty unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ coming back would be great. Another great Russ card you nabbed there. Tremendous stuff this month dude!

    ReplyDelete