Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pink Rainbow Update: Russell Martin 2013 Topps Chrome

Today kicks off my month long event of pink cards.  For those that have forgotten, I am donating money to charity based on the number of comments left on my blog.  For a complete listing of how the event will take place please click on my Pete Rose autographed/inscribed Save Second Base post from last week.  I will be raffling off some cards as well throughout the month.

Because it's a big game for the Pirates today, if you leave a comment below and also say "Let's Go Bucs" I will put your name in the contest for the card I'm showing off tomorrow.  If the Pirates win today, one lucky person will win tomorrow's card.

Here's a card that I've had in my collection for almost a year, but never got around to posting because I have been planning out this month long Breast Cancer Awareness event.

As you may recall, I was at this game and more importantly am on this card.  It became a goal of mine to try to complete the rainbow.

The above pink refractor from 2013 Topps was had for around $20 shipped when the product hit shelves.  Numbered to only 5 copies, I couldn't pass it up.  I don't know why my scanner is suddenly miscropping everything, but I am sorry.  The card is actually perfectly centered unlike the scan above.

Last year, Russ had a huge game for the 1 game Black Out Wild Card game when he launched 2 homeruns in the Pirates 6-2 defeat of the Reds.  Let's hope he can do the same this year too.

5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping Russ's injury is not too bad. We need him tonight. Let's Go Bucs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Royals made it yesterday so let's see the Pirates do it today! Let's Go Bucs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet Russ card indeed (like all of his cardboard)! I was pulling for the Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was cheering for the Bucs, but I was too late on this post. Let's go Bucs!

    ReplyDelete