Monday, April 8, 2013

3 New HOF Autos for the PTR

I've been adding to my HOF Pirates AUTO collection recently by picking up ON CARD AUTOGRAPHS of 2011 inductee Bert Blyleven and 2008 inductee Goose Gossage.

You can see those posts by clicking on the players name above.

In addition to Bert & Goose, I was looking to add to my autograph collection of 2 players who were more well known to the Pirates.  I'm talking about Ralph Kiner and Bill Mazeroski.

In 2005 Upper Deck released a limited print run of HOF players called "Class of Cooperstown". These cards featured bat relics that were etched with the players HOF year of entry along with a sticker auto.  The players photos were black and white on a blue background.  They looked very classy and were limited to only 15 copies per player.

I stumbled across the Ralph Kiner and Bill Mazeroski who were both being sold by the same seller.  The seller was asking $30 a piece with free shipping.  Some further research made me realize that if I didn't take this opportunity now, I would probably never be able to get them again.  Only one other copy of each had reached the secondary market in the past year. So I hit buy-it-now and now they are part of my permanent collection.
Ralph Kiner 2005 Upper Deck Class of Cooperstown AUTO/BAT 1/15
Bill Mazeroski 2005 Upper Deck Class of Cooperstown AUTO/BAT 3/15



After acquiring the above two cards, I came across this CUT AUTO of HOF Lloyd "Little Poison" Waner from 2008 Topps Sterling Cuts.  I used to have a Lloyd Waner that was part of my collection, but when my ex left so did that card.  Sad story I know.  
Personally though I prefer this CUT auto featuring Lloyd's HOF plaque over the signed check.  It cost me $40 which doesn't sound too expensive for a deceased HOFer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment