Friday, April 5, 2013

a Dodgers Hit on the PTR????

I've shown some Dodgers blue before.  But quite honestly the only reason I grabbed this card was because it's an auto of a current member of the Pirates that I managed to grab for $5.

Manupatch AUTOs were a great idea.  Some of them don't really make sense, like the one above.  Why is JAMES McDONALD signing a letter U?

The short answer?

I have no idea

But this card makes me want to spell out P I T T S B U R G H

James McDonald was traded to the Pirates in the summer of 2010 along with Dodgers prospect Andrew Lambo for a 1 month, 18 inning rental of Ocatvio Dotel.  Not a bad deal for the Bucs if you ask me.  I wish all the other Dodgers trades the Bucs made worked out like that.  Maybe they felt bad for sending us garbage in the Jason Bay trade.

The Pirates face the Dodgers tonight in LA at 10PM ET.  JMac pitched a gem yesterday giving up 1 run 2 hit baseball over 7 innings.  He didn't deserve the loss yesterday, but the Pirates bats didn't come alive until the 9th inning.  Hopefully the Bucs can get back to .500 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment