Friday, February 13, 2015

It's Miller Time!!!!

Of the 4 major sports in North America, basketball is the one I collect the least of.  When I was younger, basketball was a clear number 2 behind only baseball.  For a brief time when the Dream Team 2 came out, it was my number one sports collection.

There were two players that I heavily collected in the early to mid 90s, Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway and Reggie Miller.  I didn't have a favorite team although I did like the Magic a lot.

Back then Sega Genesis was the cool home gaming system and there wasn't any cooler basketball game then NBA Jam: TE.  I spent nearly a whole summer playing as Reggie Miller and Rik Smits defeating my cousins, brother, and friends.  For that reason, I began to follow the Pacers more heavily.

With the emergence of Paul George on the Pacers a few years back, I started to get back into following basketball more regularly.  I've been slowly adding to my Pacers collection here and there, but haven't added many hits to the collection.

Today, I'm showing off my second Reggie Miller hit.  It's a nice jersey relic from Upper Deck that even has a pinstripe from the Pacers Home Navy jerseys and only cost me $3.28.  Maybe in 2016, I'll focus more on my basketball collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment