Thursday, February 26, 2015

Listen to this dog, it's mad!!!!

Bill "Mad Dog" Madlock was an incredible ballplayer in the 70s and  80s.  He was a member of the 1979 World Series Champion Pittsburgh Pirates, but also said one of the dumbest things ever.

"Two grand slams in a week - man, that's seven or eight ribbies right there."
Topps produced a line of relic cards in their Bazooka series in 2004 and several Pirates have cards in the set.  I showed off the Willie Stargell 3 years ago which you can see here.  I grabbed the foiled version you see above numbered 19/25 for $12.  It's my 8th unique bat relic of the 4 time Batting Title champion.

2 comments:

  1. Great card. I'm a huge fan of anything Bazooka themed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fuji! I love Bazooka cards too.

    ReplyDelete