Friday, February 6, 2015

McCutchen Mailday #12: DAMAGED IN TRANSIT 1/1

I have been very fortunate in my online purchases.  I had only received one card (a Freddy Sanchez jersey card) that was poorly damaged in transit and it ran me only $2.  That all changed the other day when I received a 1/1 Red Paper Parallel of Andrew McCutchen from 2012 Bowman.

The package had been missing for over a month.

And this is why...
I was frightened to see what the card looked like on the inside.

Once I took it out, I was pleasantly surprised that the toploader had taken a brunt of the damage.

However, there is a major crease on the right of the card.



I am currently in contact with the seller to try and recover some of the cost for the card as I would like to keep it since it's a 1/1.  However in it's current condition I don't want to pay the $60 tag it came with.

6 comments:

  1. Ugh. That is why ordering expensive cards on eBay scares the crap out of me. Hopefully you can come to terms with the seller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really sucks, especially to an irreplaceable 1/1. Hope you can work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really sucks. It's too bad that it had to happen to a card like that and not just some base cards or low-end stuff. Packaging of items from eBay sellers really is hit-or-miss. Even the high-volume folks sometimes do really silly stuff. I would think that packaging cards poorly would hurt sales enough at some point that they'd change their practices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The really unfortunate thing is that this probably had little to nothing to do with the seller. The USPS sorting machines can really do a number on a package, and of the cards that arrive in a "body bag" the card is in a lot better shape than most I've seen. It just sucks that it happened to a 1/1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sentiments guys. The worse of the damage happened to the top loader but its got a considerable dent/crease on the right of the card in line with Cutch's elbow

    ReplyDelete