Friday, January 23, 2015

Black is the New Black: Connor Joe Auto

Yesterday I posted a page worth of old Batman cards that I received as protection for an on card autograph I purchased.  Today, I'm going to show that on card autograph that was safely protected inside a thick top loader and those old Batman cards.

It's Connor Joe!!!!

Who you ask?

Joe was a supplemental 1st round pick of the Pittsburgh Pirates.  He's already 22 and has yet to debut in the minors due to injury problems.  He will be the last hope in keeping the legend of the Ricardo Rincon trade alive which I highlighted back in January 2012.  The legend of Rincon could potentially end with Connor Joe since all other pieces have since been traded or released and are no longer in the organization.  The trade that has just kept giving started in 1998 when the Pirates traded Ricardo Rincon for Brian Giles who later was traded for Oliver Perez and Jason Bay who netted Xavier Nady who later became Jose Tabata, Ross Ohlendorf, Daniel McCutchen, Jeff Karstens, Craig Hansen, Bryan Morris, Andy LaRoche, and Brandon Moss.  Of all those players only Tabata remains in the organization and he's not even on the 40 man roster.

As many of you that have followed my blog in the past, you should know that Bowman Black is my favorite kind of On Card Autograph.  I've acquired a large portion of the Pirates over the years as you can see by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment