Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Dammit it's a Doumit: 1/1 I wear a First Base Glove and Catcher's Mask Printing Plate edition

January is an expensive month of highlighting new cards.  Why do you ask?  Well, cause quite simply it's featuring a lot of 1/1s. Already this week I showed off printing plates for Cutch and Tony Sanchez.
2005 Bowman 1/1 Magenta Printing Plate 
I've been wanting a Ryan Doumit 1/1 for a long time.  For a $30 best offer I was able to obtain this excellent 1/1 for my collection.  Best of all is that this card perfectly shows how I feel about Ryan Doumit.  He was a catcher, but in the card he's wearing a baseball cap, 1st baseman's glove, and a catcher's mask.  This shows why he was so tough to watch defensively.  One thing I loved about Doumit though was his clutch hitting especially in the House of Horrors, Miller Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment