Saturday, January 24, 2015

McCutchen Mailday #5: 2014 Topps Tribute Gold 16/25

For the past two years, I have been Reverse Boxin Topps Tribute.  In October, I showed off the final card of that reverse box with help from Kate Upton and Jason Heyward.  I finished that reverse box for $85 under cost. Since then, I have been upgrading my base cards to parallels.  One such upgrade was this 2014 Topps Tribute Gold numbered 16/25 that I snagged for $12.50 in my Quest for 100 new Cutch cards added to my collection in 2015.
Gold parallels look so good with those throwback uniforms from the early 70s.  This is one classy looking card from the front.
The back talks about some of Cutch's accomplishments prior to the 2014 season in which he put up MVP caliber numbers for the third year in a row.  Last year was the first year that Cutch didn't steal 20 bases in a season in his six year career.  He'll begin his age 28 season with 128 career home runs and 143 stolen bases.


No comments:

Post a Comment